Here at Simoes Plumbing, we have always been committed to offering the very best plumbing solutions Melbourne has to offer. Following the outbreak of COVID-19, we have adjusted our services to ensure the health and safety of our clients and our employees is protected at all times.
Please continue reading to learn how we plan to operate for the foreseeable future.
What is Coronavirus?
COVID-19 is a new form of Coronavirus that causes respiratory infection ranging from mild cold symptoms to severe flu or pneumonia. It spreads from person-to-person contact or by touching contaminated surfaces, so practicing safe social distancing and good hygiene techniques is essential to stop its spread. Symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath, tiredness and a sore throat.
There is currently no cure or vaccine for this virus, so it is important to understand how you can protect yourself and others. This includes:
- Self-isolating by staying at home except to carry out essential activities such as; going grocery shopping, attending a medical appointment, carrying out carer duties or attending work where working from home is not possible.
- Practice social distancing by keeping 1.5m between you and other people at all times.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water for a minimum of 20 seconds, especially after touching unsanitised surfaces.
Our updated health and safety processes
To protect both our clients and our employees from COVID-19, Simoes Plumbing has put in place strict new policies for the foreseeable future. This includes:
- Before booking an appointment, asking each client whether they or anyone at their address has returned from overseas or experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Instructing our employees who have recently returned from overseas or who have been exhibiting symptoms to stay at home, seek medical advice and self-isolate.
- Ensuring employees are wearing protective gear such as medical-grade gloves and masks throughout all plumbing jobs and regularly wash their hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds.
- Asking employees and clients to keep 1.5m distance between each other at all times.
- Maintaining open communication with any suppliers or sub-contractors to ensure they are following the same guidelines.
Speak to someone from our team today
If you have a question about our policies surrounding COVID-19, or if you are in need of reliable plumbing solutions throughout Melbourne, contact the team at Simoes Plumbing today.